All of the poems listed below are either gender neutral or can easily be adapted for boys or girls.
Short and sweet introduction rhymes:
- Boy or girl, we simply can't say,
but a beautiful baby is on it's way
- Baby (name) is almost due,
we still don't know if it's pink or blue.
- A cute button nose, a sweet little smile,
a new baby's coming in just a short while.
- Ten little fingers, ten little toes,
boy or girl, no one knows.
- A baby is coming, cute as can be,
boy or girl, we'll have to wait and see.
Longer poems look better on an insert that goes with the baby shower invitation or you can put it on the front of the invite with details of the baby shower on the back.
Gender neutral poems
- A baby is cuddles and tickles on toes,
the sweet scent of powder, a kiss on the nose,
Soft and sweet with a smile so bright,
a dream come true, love at first sight.
- The (last name)'s baby is on the way,
let's get them prepared for the big day...
We'll shower (mom's name) with gifts for the little one,
be sure not to miss out on all the fun!
- Some bibs and bottles, some diapers and toys
Make sure that these work for both girls and boys.
Mom doesn’t know what the baby will be
She wants to wait until its birth, you see.
So feel free to surprise them with the gifts of your choice,
They will love them and we will all have fun and rejoice.
- I’m not a little teapot, but you will soon hear me shout
As soon as I am born I will be playing all about.
I will soon surprise you all and put you in a whirl
But I will tell you this right now, I’m either a boy or a girl.
There’s a baby shower planned and I will be there too;
No need to question Mom and Dad because I’ve given them no clue.
Please come and share in all the fun and maybe you can see,
A tip that just might reveal my true identity.
- A little girl (boy) is wonderful
a very special part
of all the hopes, dreams and plans
we carry in our heart.
- Soft as a whisper, so precious and sweet,
tiny perfection from her (his) head to her (his) feet.
Love, joy and wonderful things
all the special things a new baby brings.
- One small request that won't be too hard,
please bring a book instead of a card.
Whether Cat in the Hat or Winnie the Pooh,
You can sign the book with a note from you.
Baby (name) will become very smart indeed.
If we start early he will soon learn to read!
- From Peter Rabbit to Mother Goose
Goodnight Moon and Dr. Seuss
Curious George and Winnie the Pooh
Eloise and Babar, too.
In lieu of a card, please bring
your favorite childhood classic.
Let's build a library for (Baby's name)
that will be fantastic!
Poems for twins:
- Two little babies to cuddle and love, to spoil just a little and think the world of.
Two bundles from Heaven to simply adore...now who in the world could ask for more!
- We're sure you've heard, and yes, it's true,
(mom's name) is expecting and she's having TWO!
- Double the giggles, double the grins,
and double the trouble, when you're blessed with twins.
Poems when adopting:
- Nor flesh from my flesh, nor bone from my bone,still almost miraculously my own, but never forget, not even for a minute,you didn't grow under my heart, you grew in it.
- I didn't give you the gift of Life, but in my heart I know,
the love I feel is deep and real, as if it had been so.
For us to have eachother is like a dream come true,
No, I didn't give you the gift of life. Life gave me the gift of you.
Poems for mom and dad showers:
- We're having a shower for (mom) and (dad), too
'cuz they are dreaming of baby pink or baby blue.
So come for cocktails, dinner and some fun
as we anticipate the arrival of their little one!
- We can't wait to meet you, so we're gathered here today,To shower you with presents that you're going to need someday.
Untill the day that you arrive and we all get to see you,
We'll give your mom and dad the support they need
And eagerly wait to greet you.
Do you know any other adorable baby shower poems? I'd love to hear about them in the comment section.
PS: You can find more baby shower invitations here in the shop.